These Tacos With Guacamole Take Just 5 Minutes!
Avocados are loaded with nutrients, weight-loss-friendly, heart-healthy and really delicious.
We love tacos and we love guacamole, together – they are a revelation! Here’s a simple GITH Magazine recipe for tacos that should be in everyone’s home recipe book. Do you have a signature dish that you want to share? Get in touch today!
With more potassium than a banana, the often named ‘alligator pear’ sits high on the list of healthy and nutritious fruits. Known for its healthy fats, the majority fat being oleic acid — a monounsaturated fatty acid that is also the major component of olive oil and believed to be responsible for reduced inflammation and has also shown to have had beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
These beauties are loaded with soluble fibre, known for feeding the friendly gut bacteria in your intestine and can also lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. And if you needed any further reasons why adding avocado or avocado oil to your diet is a must. popping them in your salad or salsa can increase antioxidant absorption which means not only are they highly nutritious, they can dramatically increase the nutrient value of other plant foods that you are eating too.
HEalthy Taco Recipe for all the family
If you and your family love to build your own at tea time, then Taco’s are a great choice. Easy to prepare and fun to eat, and adding in your own Guacamole with a squeeze of lime…makes for an authentic Mexican supper!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons crème
- 12 corn taco shells
- Peppers (Green & Red)
- Olive Oil
- Paprika (pinch)
- Cumin (pinch)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 3 sprigs of fresh coriander
- ½ a lime
HOW TO MAKE
- Chop the onion and the peppers and softly cook in olive oil in a large pan.
- Finely slice and add the garlic with the paprika and cumin and cook for a couple of minutes.
- If you are a meat eater, add the beef and stir until it has browned. You can use mushrooms or meat alternative here if you’re veggie.
- Pour in your stock and cook for 45 minutes until reduced.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the salsa, chop the tomatoes, slice the spring onion and chop the coriander leaves and mix with a healthy squeeze of fresh lime.
- Season to taste.
- For the guacamole, halve and destone the avocados, mash the flesh with a fork until it’s spreadable. Squeeze in some lime juice, add the crème fraîche, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix.
- Put the taco shells in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp.
- Fill the shells with the filling of your choice, the salsa and guacamole or lay everything out and let everyone build their own!
Left Over Guacamole?
How about adding some finely chopped chilli, a sprinkle of pine kernels and basil and spreading on toast for a yummy breakfast.
Search more recipes on Gozo In The House.