Learn How To Make A Port Old Fashioned With Expert Cocktail Connoisseur Antonio Salern From Genyouin & Piutrentanove.
THIS classic COCKTAIL IS once again GIVEN A genius TWIST and it tastes amazing!
An Old Fashioned is probably one of the most well-known cocktails in history. Usually made by muddling sugar with bitters and water, adding whiskey or, less commonly, brandy, and garnishing with an orange slice. It is traditionally served in an old fashioned glass – also known as rocks glass, which predated the cocktail itself! Over the last few months, this chap who can usually be found behind the bar at Piutrentanove has been serving up som super cocktail recipes for you to add to your home collection and by now you will know that Mr Salerno always adds his own exciting twist.
Today he adds Port to an Old Fashioned and we absolutely love it!
how to make a GENYOUIN PORT OLDFASHIONED
- Maple Syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Soda Water
- Organic Dark Chocolate
- Ice Cubes
- Add Maple Syrup, two dashes of Angostura Bitters and a splash of Soda and mix.
- Fill half a glass with ice cubes.
- Add 2/3 Bourbon and ½ Port of your choice and stir at least twenty times. This enhances oxygenation)
- Fill a glass with more ice and using a filter, poor over the mix.
- Garnish with Orange Peel (squeeze the oil from the peel and light it for a burnt orange essence and finish with a piece of organic dark Chocolate
We’d love to hear how you get on – why not share your creations with us on Insta or Facebook?
Hey! We hope you found this article interesting! If you did, please share it with your friends. And if you have any questions about the subject or suggestions to improve this post, please do not hesitate to let us know by leaving a comment below.