Il-Ħaġar | Heart of Gozo Museum in Victoria’s Pjazza San Ġorġ was officially inaugurated on 23 February 2013 and so a weekend of exciting events has been prepared. On Thursday 23 February the museum
Antonio Salerno shows us how to make another super cocktail to try out at home.
Antonio Salerno returns with his mixology expertise and shows us how to make a delicious gin basil smash.
Usually, Antonio can be found orchestrating the most amazing cocktails at Piutrentanove in Marsalforn. When he is not behind the bar, you will find him researching, foraging, practicing, or serving at a nearby dinner party. (He also holds amazing Cocktail Workshops or sends super handmade Cocktail Gift Boxes that make awesome gifts! (Christmas is around the corner – just saying!)
While we await Piutrentanove re-opening, we asked our cocktail expert to share some of his best-kept cocktail secrets and this time he shows us how to make a refreshing Gin Basil Smash.
GIN BASIL SMASH
- A Glass Tumbler
- Sachet of Sugar
- Basil Sprig
- Gin Of Your Choice
- Ice Cubes
- Squeeze half a lemon and sprinkle the sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Trim the basil and smash between your palms to release the flavour.
- Add the lemon mixture, basil, and a generous pour of your favourite Gin into a shaker and shake it like a polaroid picture.
- Fill a glass with ice and using a filter, pour over the mix.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil and a freeze-dried lemon piece.
We’d love to hear how you get on – why not share your creations with us on Insta or Facebook?