Mamma Mia! It’s Time To Love Bread Again.
David’s Bakery Gozo have found a formula to rise above breads bad press.
Discover why Mamma Mia Bread by David’s Bakery Gozo is a super healthy choice.
It’s always a pleasure visiting this Kercem state-of-the-art bakery and gelateria. David’s Bakery Gozo is always filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread and new flavours of gelato to sample but beyond that, it’s inspiring and joyful being around the Mercieca family who know and embody their brand with such passion.
Mamma Mia is Malta’s first vitamin and mineral fortified bread designed to support women’s wellbeing. If you are regular to Gozo In The House, you will have come across David’s Bakery and Mamma Mia as the brilliantly aligned sponsors of our GITH Woman series.
Next year will be a significant year for David’s Bakery Gozo as they celebrate their 30th birthday. In 1992 David and his wife Michelina Mercieca started baking with a humble 25kg of flour per day, fast forward to the now and this has increased to a whopping 4 tonnes of flour every day! However, the quantity will never take priority over quality for this family. They understand and value the importance of nourishing the body with real and tasty food and aim to keep additives and preservatives at bay. Over the years David and Michelina’s sons Manuel and Mark have driven the business forward with this philosophy in mind and applied innovation, honesty, and pride to their work. They listen and respond to what the community asks for and deliver wholesome baked goods around the Maltese Archipelago.
mamma mia sliced bread
After receiving many requests for a fortified loaf, the David’s Bakery team rose to the challenge. Mamma Mia has been years in the making with much research, studying, and trials to create a product they are truly proud of. What really sets this bread apart from other brands is the use of only natural ingredients, there are no nasty preservatives, additives, or GMO ingredients. It’s refreshing to read a short ingredient list where you recognise each item and trust what you are eating. Although formulated with women’s wellbeing in mind, Mamma Mia has been a hit with the whole family!
Here’s Why Mamma Mia Bread Is Unique And Supports Female Health
- Combines Wheat, Rye and Soy Flours: Rye is a wholegrain and loaded with nutrients. Soy contains phytoestrogens to help balance oestrogen levels.
- Added Linseeds: Source of omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and phytoestrogens which all support hormone balance.
- Added Sunflower Seeds: Excellent source of vitamin E to support progesterone production and can improve PMS.
- Fortified with Vitamin D: Supports immunity and hormone balance.
- Fortified with Folic Acid: A key vitamin for energy production and hormone metabolism.
- Fortified with Calcium: A mineral to maintain strong bones and teeth.
- Fortified with Iron: This mineral is required to make healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen.
- Fortified with Magnesium: Helps regulate the nervous system and menstrual cycles.
- High in Fibre: Fibre supports regular bowel movements and the clearance of excess hormones.
- Dairy Free: Suitable if you are lactose intolerance or follow a vegan diet.
The Taste Test
I love bread but unfortunately, it just doesn't like me. In fact, I have been trying to stop eating it for the last five years! I always feel fairly bloated and heavy after eating bread and so when I heard about Mamma Mia, from David's Bakery Gozo, I was excited to know more. I loved how it has been especially formulated for women, fortified and jammed packed with vitamins and minerals and the taste is super! The best thing is that it didn't leave me feeling like I've overdone the carbs. My only issue is, my husband really likes it too. Bah! Andrea Britton
What’s next for David’s Bakery
We love their dynamic and innovative approach at David’s Bakery Gozo. They are constantly developing and growing their brand to create on-point and exciting new products. We can’t say too much now…but watch this space for the launch of another niche product that is sure to be popular amongst the health-conscious.
Visit David’s Bakery at Triq il-Madonna tas- Sokkors, Kercem. You can also find their produce in groceries, supermarkets and cafeterias around Gozo and Malta.